To address rising COVID-19 case counts and keep people safe, the provincial health officer is issuing revised orders, which take effect on Monday, Dec. 20, 2021.
Measures will extend to Jan. 31, 2022, at 11:59 p.m., and include:
* limiting indoor, personal gatherings, including in rental and vacation properties to the household/residents plus 10 individuals, or one additional household maximum if all are aged 12 and older are fully vaccinated;
* requiring the BC Vaccine Card for organized events of all sizes and ensuring the QR code is scanned at events;
* seating requirements and restricting movement between tables at food and liquor-serving premises, and reinforcing the need to wear masks when not seated;
* limiting venues of 1,000 individuals or more to 50% of the seated capacity with reinforced masking requirements and scanning of the BC Vaccine Card QR code;
* pausing all sports tournaments while the order is in effect; and
* all New Year’s Eve organized gatherings and events will be restricted to being seated-only events, with no mingling or dancing allowed.