|Dear Jinwang,On Tuesday, June 15, we entered Step 2 of BC’s Restart Plan—one more step in bringing people back together. Thanks to our collective efforts and commitment to getting vaccinated against COVID-19, Step 2 means backyard BBQs, birthday parties, movie theatres, sports games, and many more chances to get back to doing what we love. Some examples of new things we can do in Step 2:
- Travel recreationally anywhere in B.C.
- Host outdoor gatherings of up to 50 people
- Hold indoor seated organized gatherings of up to 50 people
- Attend indoor faith gathering of up to 50 people, or 10% of a place of worship’s total capacity, whichever is greater
- Go to a movie theatre or live theatre
- Watch outdoor sports (maximum of 50 spectators)
- Stay later at a restaurant or bar, with liquor service extended until midnight
- Go to indoor fitness classes (low-intensity or high-intensity) with reduced capacity
I am so grateful for all the sacrifices British Columbians have made to get us where we are now. Today, more than 76% of adults are vaccinated with their first dose, and COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continue to steadily decline. This summer, I’m so excited to reconnect with loved ones, safely enjoy everything our province has to offer, and to welcome better days ahead.
We’ve come so far in our fight against COVID-19. But as we look forward to brighter days, we must stick to public health protocols and remain vigilant in stopping the spread. Masks are still mandatory in indoor public spaces, physical distancing remains a requirement, and as always, stay home if you are sick and get tested. I encourage everyone to check in with their friends and loved ones aged 12+ to make sure everyone is registered to receive their vaccine at gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.